Home / News / Fire guts cubicles of commercial sex-workers

Fire guts cubicles of commercial sex-workers

Commercial sex-workers in the Ashaiman municipality, are counting their losses after fire, had ravaged their cubicles. The cubicles numbering over 40, got completely burnt with other properties running into thousands of cedis . The inferno is reported to have occurred this afternoon.

However, no casualties were recorded. Eyewitness reports say, the fire occurred in one of the rooms of a commercial sex-worker.

The client, who had earlier visited the commercial sex-worker, unfortunately, left the cigarette he was smoking, in the room, without putting it off.

The Ashaiman Divisional Fire Commander, Anthony Mawuko Sermeh told Ibrahim Obeng-Mensah of XYZ News that the fire was controlled early enough, making it impossible to spread to nearby houses. Although, he said, the fire has been quenched, the Command is yet to come out with its findings leading to the cause of the fire.

He again appealed to the general public to be fire conscious, stating emphatically, that ‘’the weather is quite hazy, hence the need to be fire conscious.’’

By : Ibrahim Obeng-Mensah /radioxyzonline.com

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: