Twenty-three members of the governing National Democratic Congress (NDC) have been dismissed by the party for contesting as independent parliamentary candidates in the December 7 polls.
“The affected persons by their conduct and on their own volition have ceased to be members of the party,” the party said in a press statement signed by its General Secretary Johnson Asiedu Nketia.
The dismissed individuals, according to the party are in breach of articles 8(d,f); 45( a,b,c &e) and 46(10) of the party’s constitution.
The party further noted that its executive members who endorsed the nomination forms of independent parliamentary candidates also ceased to be members of the NDC pursuant to articles 45 and 46 of the party’s constitution.
“Once you take that decision [to go independent] it comes with a cost, and so it is true, once you’ve gone and filed independent, you no longer belong to the party,” deputy General Secretary of the party, Koku Anyidoho said Tuesday in an interview with Accra FM.
Below is the full list of sacked members of the NDC who are running as independent parliamentary candidates:
1. Samson Abu (sitting MP) – Lawra
2. Pharauk Bandanaa – Wa West.
1. Anthony Cobinna – Cape Coast South
1. Alhassan Bunglung – Savelugu.
2. Joseph Amuzu: Saboba(already resigned).
3. Namburr Berrick – Bunkpurugu.
1. Harrold Cobinna (sitting MP) – Akontonbra.
2. John Amenlemah – Jomoro
1. Elvis Ativoe – Agotime Ziope
2. Albert Zigah – Ketu South
3. Jim Morti – Ketu South
4. Wogbemase Kpikpitse – North Dayi
5. Christopher Eleblu – North Tongu
6. Evans Gadeto Djikunu – Akatsi South.
7. Edwin Tukpeyi – Ho Central.
8. Dr David Kofil Ahorse – Buem.
9. Joseph Ofor (sitting MP) – Akan.
10. Timothy Udijol – Nkwanta North.
11. Emmanuel Jalulah – Karachi West.
1. Peter Yakubu Pandam – Garu.
2. Dr. Francis Asaana – Tempane
3. Simon Akuye – Pusiga.
4. Saeed Ayuba – Bawku Central