The fourth meeting of the third session of the current parliament opens Tuesday January 26, 2016.
A statement from the deputy press secretary of parliament, Ms Kate Addo, said the reconvening will involve deliberations on twenty-six bills, including the Ghana School of Law, Legal Service, Road Safety, Tax Administration, Electronic Communication, Presidential Transition (Amendment) and Prison Service Bills, 2016.
The session will also witness a continuation of work on 15 bills at the committee level.
Among other businesses of the House, eight motions will be tabled for debate, there will be 95 other bill referrals at the committee level, in addition to the presentation of 41 papers.
Prominent on the agenda will be the president’s State of the Nation Address.
Below is the full statement:
SUMMARY OF AGENDA FOR THE 4TH MEETING OF THE 6TH PARLIAMENT
The 4th Meeting of the 3rd session of the 6th Parliament of the 4th Republic will open on Tuesday, 26th January, 2016. During this meeting, a number of activities are scheduled to take place. There are twenty six (26) Bills which will be at table for presentation; some of these Bills are;
• Ghana School of Law Bill, 2016
• Legal Service Bill, 2016
• Road safety Bill, 2016
• Tax Administration Bill,
• Electronic Communication Bill
• Presidential Transition (Amendment) Bill, 2016
• Prison Service Bill, 2016 among others.
There are fifteen (15) Bills at Committee which are still being worked on. They include;
• Companies Bill, 2013
• Petroleum (Exploration and Production) Bill
• Whistleblower (Amendment) Bill, 2015
• Ghana Aids Commission Bill
• Public Procurement (Amendment) Bill, 2015
• Narcotics Control Commission Bill, 2015
• Ghana Deposit Protection Bill, 2015 among others.
Nine (9) Bills are at the Consideration stage. They are;
• Conduct of Public Officers Bill, 2013
• Intestate Succession Bill, 2013
• Right to information Bill, 2013
• Immigration Service Bill, 2015
• Chieftaincy (Amendment) Bill, 2013
• Plant Breeders Bill, 2013
• Minerals Development Fund Bill, 2014
• National Disaster Management Organisation Bill, 2015
• The Chartered Institute of Taxation Bill, 2014
There are twenty three (23) other instruments to be presented at the meeting, three (3) instruments at the Committee Level and forty one (41) Papers to be presented.
Eight (8) Motions have been tabled for Debate and ninety- five (95) other referrals of Bills at the Committee.
During this meeting, the State of the Nation Address will be delivered by the President of the Republic of Ghana, H.E. John Dramani Mahama. Appropriate Bills will be passed.
Kate Addo (Ms)
Deputy Director, Public Affairs
Parliament of Ghana