Two people reportedly lost their lives in two separate accidents on the George Walker Bush Highway, Monday.
A driver, Bernard Torgboh-Richter, 42, who tried to cross the Highway at about 8:30 a.m. at the Akweteyman Junction was knocked down by a car and died instantly.
An eyewitness, reported that, a police car from Tesano picked up the lifeless body of the victim.
Father of the deceased, Samuel Obodai Richter in a brittle voice said: “We were here when all of a sudden someone called him [Bernard] on the phone so he said he was going and would be back.”
“By that time, food was ready and he had to eat but he said he would when he got back, but we were here when they came to tell me he had been knocked down by a car,” he added.
The magnitude of his lost swept over him as Mr Obodai Richter admitted that his son’s death is a big blow to the family.
Residents who live along the Highway have complained about the inadequacy of footbridges on the Highway and have requested for more.
These two add to several other lives which have been lost on the 6-lane 14 – kilometer George Walker Bush Highway since it was completed in 2012.
In a related development, an old man known as Kissih, was also knocked down by a car at the same spot on Monday at about 4:30 p.m. according to the eyewitness.