The parliamentary candidate of the National Democratic Congress for the Klottey Klorley constituency in the Greater Accra region Dr. Zanetor Agyeman Rawlings has been sued again.
Member of Parliament for Klottey Korle, Nii Armah Ashittey, and one Nii Johnson Coleman have filed a joint suit at an Accra High Court against the Electoral Commission and the NDC.
The two are challenging the Dr. Rawlings’ legitimacy to contest for a parliamentary seat under the 1992 constitution.
The reliefs being sought by the plaintiffs are;
1. A declaration that the decision by the NDC to allow the Dr Zanetor Rawlings to contest parliamentary primaries in the Klottey-Korle Constituency when she was not a registered voted within the meaning of Article 94 (1) (a) of the 1992 constitution at the time of the said contest, violates the constitution and the internal regulations governing the conduct of the parliamentary primaries of the NDC and same is illegal and of no effect.
2. A declaration that the Dr Zanetor Rawlings election as a parliamentary Candidate elect for the Klottey-Korley Constituency is null and void and is of no effect as same violates the constitution of the NDC and the rules governing the conduct of the 216 parliamentary primaries.
3. An order of injunction restraining the Dr. Zanetor, agents, privies, assigns or anyone claiming through her from holding herself out or allowing herself to be held out by the other defendants as Parliamentary Candidate-elect for Klottey Korle Constituency until the matters in dispute are heard and disposed of by this honourable court.
4. An order of court directed at the NDC for a re-run of the parliamentary primaries in Klottey Korle Constituency between the plaintiffs in accordance with its constitution and the regulation governing the 2016 parliamentary primaries within one week of the annulment of the 2nd defendant’s election.
5. Any order Order(s) as the court may deem fit.
6. Cost including legal fees.
After the parliamentary primary on November 21 in which Dr. Rawlings defeated Mr. Ashittey and Mr. coleman, a suit was filed by Joseph Narku Botchway, Jacob Amin and Reverend Michael Kwabena Nii Adjei Sowah challenging the eligibility of Zanetor.
But the case was dismissed by the court.